09 September 2009

Dear Mom and Dad

Dear Mom and Dad,
On my birthday, I don’t want a blackberry.
In fact, I don’t want a 3G iPhone or a Macbook too.
Materials will only exist when time permits them to.

I don’t want Versace dresses or Jimmy Choos,
I don’t even want chocolates;
You know how much I love them, don’t you?
All I want is to spend more time with you.

Memories last forever; they never die.
It would even pass through the roughest test of time.
Please don’t think that I don’t appreciate what you’ve given me,
Because I do; with all my heart I sincerely do.

For the past 14 years,
I embrace every single word that comes from your mouth.
I treasure the warmth of your hugs.
I welcome all the love and care.
I value every single cent you spent raising me up.

Also, all the time you wasted just to make me smile.
I understand all your sacrifices.
All your advices linger in my mind.
And all the memories we have together, it was all worthwhile.

And Mom and Dad, just so you know,
Of all the wonderful gifts you’ve given me,
The most beautiful gift is the gift of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment